Saturday, May 1, 2010

The Stanley Cup Playoffs


Well, it's that time of the year again. Playoff time.
What does this mean for Nathan:
  • I will lose sleep
  • My emotions will be all over the place
  • I moved by bed into the basement near my television set
  • I will be the happiest man alive, if the Vancouver Canucks win the Stanley Cup
  • I will be still moderately happy if a Canadian team wins the Lord Stanley's Mug
SJ v COL - SJ
CHI v NSH - NSH
VAN v LA - VAN
PHX v DET - PHX

WSH v MTL - MTL
NJ v PHI - PHI
BUF v BOS - BOS
PIT v OTT - OTT

As you can see by my prediction playoff tree, I actually managed to guess 5 of the 8 series correctly. Which is a little strange since so many of my predictions were just hopes for the underdog to come out on top. They weren't all correct however, so I for the second round my predictions are as follows:

SJ v DET - SJ
CHI v VAN - VAN

PIT v MTL - MTL
BOS v PHI - PHI

In the best case scenario:

SJ v VAN - VAN
PHI v MTL - MTL

VAN v MTL - Canada WINS (but still...go Canucks!)

I'm sure it won't go exactly according to plan, but these are simply my hopes and dreams. And if they happen to crash and burn this year, there's always brighter tomorrow just around the corner.


1 comment:

  1. Not a bad entry, Nathe, except you really should have just gotten LJ...

    Just do it, okay??

    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FLYERS

    ReplyDelete